RoadHawk have produced a popular range of in-car technology products of which the DC-2 dash cam is part of. This forward facing car camera uses a high-end video processor to record video at full 1080p HD at 30 frames per second. You can reduce this to 720p or 480p to increase recording time. This camera has been designed to meet MOT and VOSA regulations to ensure that it does not obstruct visibility when in use.
The DC-2 has the features you would expect in a premium dash cam. The integrated GPS receiver and G-Sensor allows the device to log speed, location, time, date and directional information as part of the video. A low-light sensor and image stabilising technology gives improved video quality even in poor light conditions.
Continuous loop recording means that older recordings will be automatically overwritten as your memory card becomes full. The automatic shock sensor protects files in the event of an impact to prevent them being overwritten.
You can fit a choice of high capacity SDXC memory cards up to 128GB in size (8GB included).
The RoadHawk DC-2 dash-camera has an alarm output which can be connected to many different types of tracking device.
Once this has been correctly configured, the camera will send a signal to the tracker if it detects an 'event' (collision). The tracking device will send this as an alert to the tracking software where the fleet manager can be made aware if the camera is triggered in the event of an accident.
Using the tracking software, the fleet manager can make the decision to contact the driver to get more info about the situation.
RoadHawk DC-2 should be able to connect to any tracker which has an alarm input. If you would like to know if the RoadHawk DC-2 is compatible with your tracking device then please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording
- High quality sensor providing excellent video quality and tuned for low light sensitivity
- Gyro balanced image stabilisation
- SD XC compatible (4GB to 128GB)
- External GPS antenna connection
- External Audio input connection
- 1hz GPS Receiver
- A5s processor for high quality H.264 encoding
- User controlled video bit rate setting
- User controlled G-Force, audio input and Speaker volume settings
- Audio can be disabled
- New vertical mount designed to have the lens of the camera sitting closer to the screen of the vehicle minimising reflection
- 1/4" standard camera mount thread for use with numerous camera mounts and grips
- Low level algorithm for detecting SD card errors and warning the user of any potential problems
- Alarm input for remote triggering events and output for communicating with tracking devices