Dash Cam Installation Terms and Conditions
You can choose to have your Thinkware dash cam professionally hard wired to provide power without having to remember to plug the camera in. This will also leave your power socket free for other uses such as charging your mobile or sat nav.
- We can install your Thinkware dash cam at home or work (the vehicle must be in a safe, off-road location).
- The installation has a 12 month guarantee on parts & labour.
- Nationwide installation via 120+ mobile engineers covering Mainland UK & Northern Ireland.
- Installations are bound by Chameleon’s terms and conditions listed below.
If for any reason you need to cancel the installation appointment you must provide at least 24 business hours’ notice. Cancellations within 12 business hours will NOT be refunded.
What happens when you buy?
One you’ve placed your order a number of things will happen to keep you updated throughout the installation process. If you order over the weekend or bank holiday we won’t process your order until the next business day.
- An email receipt will be sent to you by the RAC Shop.
- Your Thinkware dash cam will be sent to you by courier from our installation partner Chameleon.
- You will receive a phone call from Chameleon (the installers) who will take a few details about your vehicle and arrange an installation date.
- An email confirmation will be sent to you to confirm your appointment details.
- You will receive a text message to let you know that your kit has been posted using a next day service - tracking details will be included.
- You will receive a text message 24 hours before your installation as a courtesy reminder.
- Once your installation is complete you will receive an “Order dispatched” email from the RAC Shop - this simply means that we’ve marked your order as completed.
Fitting terms and conditions
- The price paid includes all the Thinkware dash cam, parts, labour and installation.
- Installation is available to UK mainland postcodes only.
- Installation will be carried by The Chameleon Group - not the RAC.
- Installation is covered by a 12 months parts & labour warranty from The Chameleon Group.
- If your camera develops a fault please contact the RAC Shop for advice.
- If you cancel with less than 24 business hours notice a £50 + VAT cancellation charge will be paid by you.
- Your Thinkware Dash Cam will be shipped via courier to your agreed delivery address prior to installation - you must have this available for the installer at the time of the appointment.
- You must provide a safe, legal, off road area for the installation to take place. It is illegal to carry out this type of installation on the road side.
- Where necessary you will need to ensure permission of the land owner is received BEFORE the installer arrives.
- In poor weather conditions we may have to re-arrange the installation unless you have suitable covered facilities such a double garage or car port).
- You have the right to cancel your order within 14 days of installation under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. However, you will be charged for an engineer to attend and remove the equipment.
- This purchase is bound by the standard RAC Shop terms and conditions.