Worried about driving abroad? With this handy guide, you needn’t be!
This easy to use guide helps you to prepare for your European trip, and check the information you require on the road. With unrivalled coverage, it provides the key facts you need to drive in 50 countries across Europe – as well as general advice to help you deal with the unexpected, no matter where you are!
Whether you’re planning a long touring holiday in your own car, or hiring a car locally on a business trip or holiday, this guide will give you all the information you require. Whatever your destination in Europe, you’ll find everything need to prepare for your trip and to cope with the unfamiliar. There are sections on dealing with everything – from winter driving, to towing a caravan, from travelling with pets, to taking a classic car overseas. And – should the worst happen – there’s also clear guidance on what to do in the case of a breakdown or accident.
With chapters covering Western Europe (including France), Southern Europe, Northern Europe, and Central & Eastern Europe – 50 individual countries – all the information is based on extensive local research, and includes comprehensive details of speed limits, drink/driving rules, motorway tolls, mountain passes, and other local regulations. Extensive illustrations help you recognise and understand unfamiliar signs, whilst more than 25 port maps guide you safely to terminals in the UK and on the Continent.
- All you need to know for a safe and enjoyable European trip
- Helps you plan your trip and check information on the road
- Reassurance for the first-timer … and the latest facts for regular travellers
- General guidance on driving abroad, and country-specific information
- Specific advice: driving in cities, towing, winter driving
- What to do in an emergency: breakdowns, accidents, car crime
- Comprehensive coverage: specific information for 50 European countries
- Speed limits, local rules, and motorway tolls in each country
- Extensively illustrated with 200 photos, plus road signs and port maps (UK & Continent)
- Includes UK information for visitors from USA and Australia
Author: Julian Parish