Polar Seal is a protective coating that has been specially formulated for application through a pressure washer with a foam gun. It imparts a hydrophobic layer onto paintwork that causes water to bead on the surface, which reduces the time it takes to dry the car. Simply spray onto a clean, wet vehicle, rinse off and dry to leave behind a high gloss finish.
How to use this product
1. Before you start, check that the bodywork and wheels are cool to the touch and out of direct sunlight.
2. We recommend starting with a snow foam like Polar Blast to gently loosen dirt, and follow with Polar Wash to remove any dirt or contamination on your paintwork.
3. Only a small amount of Polar Seal is required. Pour no more than 40ml (four capfuls) into your foam bottle and then add at least 200ml of water. This should be all the finished solution required to cover your vehicle. There is no benefit in using any more than 40ml as over application can compromise the finish.
4. Spray Polar Seal onto the clean, wet vehicle, ensuring all exterior surfaces are covered, although avoid direct application to the windscreen.
5. Thoroughly rinse and dry your car to reveal a high-gloss finish that is protected with a hydrophobic coating. The car must be dried with a cloth and not allowed to air dry as water spotting may occur.
6. Use Autoglym Fast Glass to clean the windscreen and wiper blades to ensure no smearing occurs.
Delivery of your order is by courier and will be dispatched same day whenever possible provided the order is received by us before 14:00.
All Pet Products need to be ordered before 11am to be eligible for next day delivery.
Delivery is free for orders over £50 (excluding car batteries) and £4.99 for next day delivery. Standard delivery is £3.30 for all other orders with a few exceptions for some postcodes* and for some very heavy or very large products. The shipping costs for these can be found at checkout.
All batteries incur a £7.99 shipping cost.
Some items are flagged as being available to order. In these cases we will either have the product sent direct to you from our suppliers or they will be sent to us to forward on to you. In some cases this can take up to five working days from receipt of your order. If deliveries are to be delayed for any reason a customer service representative will get in touch with you to let you know and agree how you wish to proceed.
Should your order not arrive please contact us on 0800 0119519 as soon as you feel your product is late and we will do everything we can to help.
Avoid trailing cables and unlock certain features by having the RAC Shop professional install your in car technology product for you.
Following your purchase online a customer services representative will contact you to discuss your fitting time and location and then an engineer will attend your home or place of work, or indeed wherever your car happens to be to fit your tech product for you.
Many dash cams have enhanced functionality when hard wired, so that as well as looking far superior in your car it will be able to enter parking mode to record your vehicle even when you are away and the car is stationary (note this feature is not available on all cameras -see descriptions for details).
Fitting will usually take around 1 - 2 hours for dash cams and 2-4 hours for parking sensors.
If you have any questions about our technology fitting service, please contact us 0800 0119519.
Should you wish to return your item, please fill in the form located here you will then be sent a RMA number and an address to send your product.
Faulty products will be replaced as soon as we are able to verify the fault and ship another to you. For items you simply want to return within 14 days of purchase for a refund, a refund will be issued to the card you paid with within 7 days of the item being received by the RAC shop.
Please note items sent back without an RMA number generated by our online returns form may take significantly longer to process. Items being returned after 14 days may carry a restocking fee - please contact us on 0800 0119519 for more information and to discuss your return.
† Prices depend on the age, value and model of vehicle.
* It is £4.99 for next day delivery, however orders must be placed before 2pm.
Standard delivery takes 3-5 days and costs £3.30.
All orders over £50 inclusive of VAT qualify for free standard delivery.
All home delivery batteries have a carriage cost of £7.99.
For customised orders, please allow 5-7 days.